contact us   home  



Working Holidaymaker Scheme

What is the Working Holidaymaker Scheme?

The Working Holidaymaker Scheme is an arrangement where a person aged between 17 and 30 can come to the UK for an extended holiday of up to two years. You can work for up to 12 months of your holiday.

How do I qualify as a working holidaymaker?

You must be able to show that you:

  • you are a commonwealth citizen, or a British Overseas Territories citizen, a British Overseas citizen or a British National (Overseas)
  • are aged between 17 and 30
  • want to come to the UK for an extended holiday, and intend to take employment incidental to your holiday and not to work for more than 12 months during your stay.
  • do not intend to set yourself up in or run a business, or work as a professional sportsperson during your stay
  • are single, or that you are married to, or the civil partner of someone who also qualifies as a working holidaymaker and you plan to take the working holiday together
  • do not have any dependent children aged five or over, or who will be five before your holiday ends
  • can support yourself in the UK without needing any help from public funds
  • have not spent time in the UK on a previous working holidaymaker visa, and
  • intend to leave the UK at the end of your holiday.

How long can I stay?

You can stay in the UK for up to two years from the date when you were issued with the visa as a working holidaymaker.

What work can I do?

You can take most types of work, including voluntary work, but you cannot set yourself up in or run a business, or work as a professional sportsperson. You can choose when to work and when to take your holiday breaks, but you must not work for more than a total of 12 months or you will be breaking the conditions of your stay.

  Home | About us | Our services | Contact Us
Copyright 2008 Samad & Co